Herb walk - £20
Time & Location
About The Event
Getting to know what grows around us & being able to incorporate them into daily life as foods & medicines is regaining popularity. Not only do the hedgerows offer us nutrients we will not often find on our supermarket shelves, they connect us to the environment in which we live, allowing our bodies to accommodate the changing seasons more easily, keeping our immune systems strong.
On the walk we will discuss the many ways in which we can use plants, internally & externally to treat a variety of health problems. We will discuss seasonal eating & how this has an overall effect on our health.
Looking at up to 40 plants, depending on the time of year, these walks are a great way to reconnect with what is around us & regain the knowledge which has slowly been lost.
Walk content -
• Actions of the Nature & Flavour of plants & foods
• Identification of plants
• Uses of plants - medicinally, culinary, cosmetically
• Varying preparations - teas, decoctions, oils, salves, syrups, compresses, tinctures...
• Safety & dosage
• Collecting, drying & storing
• Combinations of plants to treat small ills
There is also the added bonus of getting out in the West Sussex countryside!
- Herb Walk - Gwen's Garden£20+£0.50 Service fee£20+£0.50 Service fee0£0